8.06.2007

The Weekend Update...




This weekend was pretty uneventful. I spent Saturday just lounging around the house and hanging out with Andy. Johanna got to help a friend of ours teach a cooking class in Austin and then they went to eat and catch a showing of Hairspray, so I was batchin' it and just loungin' around all day. On Sunday, I preached our morning service...I started a sermon series called Transformers: Transforming Our Lives to Transform Our World...I'll be preaching at our church all month so it is pretty exciting to get enough "pulpit time" on Sundays to do a series...I am really excited about it...I spoke on our need to be servants to the people of our community and how if Christ has transformed us with His love, we ought to be showing that love in a way that transforms our community and convinces them of the love of God...Then on Sunday night we went door to door collecting canned goods and other food for our county food pantry that has been running on empty lately...After that, Amy and Johanna convinced us to head to Austin to try out a new restaurant they found called Canoli Joe's...I was skeptical about an all-u-can-eat Italian place, but it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I left completely stuffed (actually it was probably over stuffed...). That about wrapped up the weekend for us...Tomorrow I am off on another trip, but this one is small...Headin' to the river to hang out with some of our Jr. High guys with the interns tomorrow...Should be a lot of fun...

No comments: