5.19.2008

The Weekend Update...

Here's a recap on the life and times of Nic from this weekend...
  • Spent most of the weekend in Corpus Christi. My sister-in-law Jackie graduated from Texas A&M Corpus Christi, so Johanna and I headed down for the graduation. My friend and now-summer-intern Jaron joined us for the ride and we spent the weekend with Jo's family celebrating Jackie's graduation. Congrats Jackie!
  • Jaron and I spent some of Saturday looking over things for our upcoming BEACH BREAK YOUTH CAMP which will also be in Corpus Christi in June. We also spent some time tasting the seafood...
  • I preached this morning. Talked about the story of the prodigal son and How To Acquire A Pig's Lifestyle. God has an incredible plan for every one of us, but so many times we make choices that have us living life in the pig's pen. One of the best ways to keep your life out of the pig's pen is to spend your resources - your life, your time, your talent, and your treasure - on things that will last! Spend it on the kingdom!
  • Had too many meetings today at church...Have I mentioned lately that meetings aren't my favorite things? But we did see some good things come from them...
  • Super excited about leaving Tuesday for The Whiteboard Sessions. This is gonna' rock!
  • My Papa's birthday is Monday. Happy Birthday Papa!
  • Got to hang with some of our youth workers tonight...I absolutely love our team and love that I get to serve with people who I'd hang out with even if we weren't in this thing together...It just makes it more incredible that we are!

No comments: