10.22.2006

The Weekend Update

Not a whole lot going on this weekend...Johanna and I went out Friday...We went to San Marcos and grabbed dinner at Mamacita's (good Mexican grub) then headed to catch the movie "Employee of the Month." Good food and a funny movie...You really can't beat a date night like that. While we were killing time before the movie started we messed around in Target and Wal-Mart and then grabbed some Starbucks after the flick. Basically, it was a really fun evening together.
On Saturday we just kinda lounged around the house. I watched the UT and Nebraska game and played some NCAA 07 on the XBOX while Johanna did some of her homework and reading for her online classes. My parents came down late Saturday night to hear me preach this morning. Also, some of our close friends and one of my youth workers got engaged Saturday night. We're glad to share in their joy!
I preached at both of our morning worship services because our senior pastor is on vacation this weekend. It went pretty good I think...I love to teach so I always look forward to the opportunities that I get like this. It was cool to have my parents here as well. They just headed back home because my grandmother fell this morning and they are taking her to the hospital so my parents headed back a little earlier than expected. I also got to baptize one of my students this morning so that was super cool. Other than that, not a whole lot going on. We have praise team practice for our youth worship band at 4:30, a Youth Worker meeting at 5:00, and our student small groups meet at 6:00 so it will be a busy evening. Until next time...

No comments: