The message on Sunday was about how we are called to live out the mission of Jesus as individuals. If we are the church, we have a mission. You can watch the video of the message by clicking here.
One of the things I mentioned in the sermon is that we can bless others by being a person who invites others to church, where they can experience the love & hope of Jesus. At Timber Ridge, we've tried to make that easy by providing invite cards that people can use to invite friends & neighbors to join them at church.
In light of that, here are some easy ways to use an invite card & invite others to be your guest at church.
9 Ways To Invite People To Church
- Bake some cookies for a neighbor and hand out an invite card when you deliver the baked goodies.
- Leave a generous tip at your favorite restaurant, along with an invite card.
- Tape an invite card to hand warmers and drop them off to a crew that is working outdoors on a cold day in your community.
- Pay for the order of the person in line behind you at the drive-thru of your favorite coffee shop or fast food place and leave an invite card for them.
- Have a free garage sale and hand invite cards out to people as they "shop."
- Hand out bottled water to the parents at your kid's next sports game or practice and attach an invite card to each bottle.
- Offer to mow your neighbors yard or trim there trees. When they ask you why you'd do such a thing, let them know you just want to serve them because Jesus gave us an example of serving others. And give them an invite card to join you on Sunday.
- Drop off a box of donuts at a local business in the morning and attach some invite cards to the box.
- Buy lunch for a co-worker and when you go to lunch, give them an invite card and ask them to join you on Sunday.
Let's be honest: It can be pretty intimidating to invite someone to church. But it can also be pretty impacting. You never know what God wants to do in the life of your friends & neighbors...and how he can use YOU to be a part of that!