11.06.2006

The Weekend Update...

Hope you had a great weekend. Our's was pretty good. On Friday Johanna had to take a test at one of the testing centers for her college classes so we headed to Austin for that. After she got done with the test, we had a date night. We had been talking about buying a digital camera and so we went shopping together to look for one of those. We found one we liked at Best Buy, but decided to look at Sears in the mall as well. Both places had the camera for about $400, so we decided to think about it and we headed off to supper at Abuelo's. It was my first Abuelo's experience (in Austin) and the food was amazing. I highly recommend it. After that Johanna suggested that we go to the Sears Grand in north Austin and just goof around so we did. While we were there we found the exact same camera that we had look at earlier on sale for $100 off. So we definitely had to get it. We got the camera and then headed back home....Be looking for lots of pictures on here now that we have a nice, quality camera to use. Saturday involved sleeping in and football for me. After sleeping late, Johanna headed back to Austin with some friends from church to pick up dresses for upcoming weddings and to watch Marie Antionette. Since I neither care about dresses or girly movies I headed to Austin to go to the Longhorns vs. OSU game. I have a season pass that one of my former studnets who attends UT picked up for me. It was good football, good company, and an overall great time just hanging out and relaxing. Sunday consisted of church most of the day. We got to hang out with some great friends Sunday afternoon who are engaged and so we all watched our wedding video....This may not sound very "manly" but it was cool to watch and reflect back on those times and the blessing that it is to be married to the most wonderful woman in the world....All in all, a good weekend spent with friends. You really can't ask for more than to spend time with the people that mean a lot to you.

2 comments:

david said...

I'm sure the highlight of the weekend was seeing me in that wedding video...man, I was rocking the beard back then, wasn't I?

Nic Burleson said...

yeah, you were rocking the beard. it was good to see all the guys that were there and that got me to thinking....you think puma will go to my brothers wedding ;)