1.15.2007

What A Weekend....

This had to be one of the best weekends in the very recent history of things around here. On Friday, one of my old fraternity brothers and good friends, flew into the ATX from Cali. He was here to do a photo shoot (He is amazing...check him out at mnorwoodphotography.com) and spent the weekend in town. We met Friday afternoon and he did a mini-shoot with Johanna and I. Johanna loves taking pictures together and it really was a lot of fun. We took them at the Botanical Gardens at Zilker Park....really cool place, even when everything is not in bloom. Then later that night, another fraternity brother and good friend drove in from Dallas and met us in the ATX. We all went to eat together and spent the evening telling old stories and chatting about the "good ol' days." On Saturday, my brother and his wife drove in from Houston. We were all planning to go catch dinner with my two friends again that night when another old college friend called me up. Turns out he and his wife only live about 30 minutes away, so they joined us and we all went and got some Lockhart barbecue and hung out at our house for the night. It really was a great weekend. Sunday consisted of church in the morning and more friends that afternoon. My buddy from Dallas didn't have to be back at work until tomorrow so he crashed at the house last night. David and I used to play Trivial Pursuit all the time in college so we are always up for a good matchup. About a year ago we played and he beat both me and my wife, so I was out for revenge. He took the first matchup again this time, but we played one more, which turned out to be one of the most competitive games I've ever played of Trivial Pursuit, and in the end, I was the victor. However, that final game provided me with the quote of the weekend (which there were dozens, if not hundreds to pick from...) and here it is:

David, referring to the trivia card in his hand: "This is a GREAT card. This may be the best card from top to bottom I have ever seen. We should frame this card, its that good."

What a weekend! I had a blast and since today is my birthday (I will jot down some birthday reflections tomorrow...) I consider it all an early present. God has blessed me extremely with some of the best friends in the world. I cherish the time that my brother and I got to spend at HPU with Michael, David, Chance and the other ZX crew. These guys are lifelong friends and I truly thank God today for the chance to renew and continue these great friendships this weekend. I love you guys.

1 comment:

david said...

I had such a blast this weekend...you and Norwood both set the bar pretty high on blogs covering our three days in the ATX, but I'm going to give it the ol' college try anyway. You know me, I have to get my two cents in, too.

Thanks again for letting me crash.