2.28.2007

2 Posts in 1 Day...Crazy!...

After being gone from blogger world for a week, now I've posted for the second time today. I guess I had more to talk about the last week than I realized. Because of the busy-ness of the first part of the week, I forgot to blog my regular weekend update. I wanted to give you a quick recap of the best part of the weekend. Sunday morning I got to baptize two of our students. Craig and Dylan are both junior high guys who have recently made the decision to ask Christ to forgive them from their sins and to come in and be the boss of their lives. It has been cool to see how God is working in small echoes and waves in our community within the student life. These guys are two examples of that. At my previous church I got to see a whole lot of students come to know Jesus as their Savior and Lord, but I was never given the chance to participate in any of their baptisms. I was at the church for almost 10 years and got to see God move in a lot of ways, but really never got to experience the joy that comes with baptising a student whom you've had a role in their faith journey. This is the third time I have done the baptisms here and it is really a special time. I understand that the baptism is just an outward symbol of what is already inwardly done, but it is still pretty cool to be a part of. While the weekend was oustanding (including a great "Man Shower" for my friend, Jeremy's upcoming wedding and lots of hanging out with friends) this was definitely my highlight of the weekend.

No comments: