6.30.2007

I've Been in Rehab All Week...

Sorry for the blog silence...I've been in Rehab since last Sunday. Seriously. But it may not be the kind of rehab that you're thinking at the moment. I got the great opportunity to spend the past week as a part of POJO Community Rehab in Springtown, TX. Basically, this is a week of mission work led by the students and adults of Hilltop Family Church in Springtown. It is a part of their youth ministry but so many of their adults help out as well. Basically, the take on projects where they rehabiltate houses for people in need. These students roofed houses, built decks, painted homes, and loved on children all week long...and because of their service to the King and the Kingdom, Springtown is a better place, more filled with the love and grace of Jesus. My part in the weekend was as the speaker for the week. I got to share the Word of God with these students and adults each night in their worship services. It was a great week and I had a blast being a part of it. We got to see God move in the community and we got to see him move in the lives of the people of Springtown and the participants of POJO Rehab...All in all, God showed up and it was good...Like it could be anything different when God shows up, right? I got home this morning, am washing clothes right now, will preach at my home church in the morning, and head out at lunch on another mission trip with the students of my own church...Gotta' love the life of student ministry in the summers...But it is absolutely great to be home spending time with my wife...Luckily, she gets to go with me for part of this next week...Life and ministry is just better when we're together so I am totally stoked about that...Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics and posts over the next week from our hotel...Until then...

1 comment:

JMob said...

dude hook the readers up w/some pics this comin wk...that would be sweet