7.03.2007

Mission Arlington Day Two...Long Days and Short Nights...

It is after 11:00 PM and I am not yet in bed...We had a full day serving today, playing with kids, singing songs, knocking on doors, telling Bible stories, sharing with people the love of Jesus...It was a LONG day, but it was good. Our students did a good job today and continue to show the love of God to those they meet...One of our students prayed last night that this week we would "talk to these kids we meet about You (GOD) and talk to You about the kids we meet." I think that is a good summary of what we are called to do: talk to God about the people in our lives and talk to the people in our lives about our God...Anyway, I have a pretty low connection from the wi-fi in my room and the hotel lobby, where the wi-fi is the best, is a good walk away so you'll have to wait for more pics until tomorrow...And we have to be up and ready to go about an hour earlier in the morning because of the July 4th parade that will be going through town and blocking off streets...Like the title says, long days and short nights...Unfortunately, Johanna has to leave tomorrow to go back home to work on Thursday and Friday. I was so glad to have her with me this week for the few days she got to be here but I wish she could stay longer...Summer ministry really strains us and we don't get much time together at all...I really cherish the time we have, and while I am thankful that we got to spend some time together this week and that we got to serve alongside one another, I really wish she wasn't leaving to go home already...That is really gonna make me want Friday to get here so that I can be back home with my incredible wife...But I digress...Until tomorrow, have a blessed fourth of July and if you know a U.S. military service person or a veteran, be sure and tell them THANK YOU...They fight to defend what we celebrate...Thanks Papa, Rodney T., and Gibby...You sacrifices for me are not forgotten...

1 comment:

JMob said...

wow dude...the quote from the prayer...thats a great way to put it