8.16.2007

My BFFs (Adjusted)...

So earlier this week I posted about what a great job Andy & Jaron did serving our students this summer. You can read the post below. And I talked about how much I appreciated their friendship...Then I got a HILARIOUS email from a friend to all of us, Matt Hart. Matt works for Mission Arlington and we have all known each other for about 10 years or so now...It is awesome how God brings incredible, like-minded people into our lives through the ministry and work we do for his kingdom. Matt and a few others at Mission Arlington are those people for me...I truly consider them friends and absolutely love getting to go serve alongside them where God has planted them for His kingdom...Without a doubt, the highlight of my year is always going to serve at Mission Arlington...If you've never been to help out and you are within driving distance, GO. It will literally change your life...Not that Mission Arlington has any magical powers...It's just a group of people loving God and loving others the best they know how...And the cool thing about it is that they convince you and show you that the same things can be done where you live...There's no magic to it...Just Christ followers being the hands and feet of Jesus to the world around them...And it is incredible...So if you live anywhere near Arlington, go be involved...They can always use the help regardless of what day of the week or how long you can stay...And I guarantee that you will be far more blessed than you could ever imgaine...That being said, the main purpose for this post is to share this picture that Matt sent...It is GREAT! I totally expect it to be hanging on the wall behind his desk the next time we get there! I am so thankful for the friends that God has given Johanna and I over our years of serving Him...especially the ones who are creative and have a great sense of humor! Thanks for making us all laugh Matt...And you know we're serious about seeing this when we come up ;)...Until next time...

No comments: