9.11.2007

You Know You're In A Redneck Church...

I usually don't like email forwards. I get tons of them every day and sometimes I don't even have a chance to read them all...But I got one today that I opened and thought was pretty funny...I grew up in a small town (less than 1500) and went to a church out in the country off an old dirt road where 40 people was a big crowd...After that, my first full-time ministry position was in a church that was a good sized congregation, but was still in a smaller town of less than 2,000 people which was the small, rural county seat...So I appreciated this email titled "You Know You're In A Redneck Church..." Thought I would share a couple of my favorites...

"You know you're in a redneck church when people hear the story about Jesus feeding the 5,000 and they want to know if the fish were bass or catfish."

"You know you're in a redneck church when the opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday."

"You know you're in a redneck church when a member asks to be buried in his 4-wheel drive truck, becuase 'it ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of.'"

And one of my favorites...

"You know you're in a redneck church when in a congregation of 500 people there are only 7 last names in the church directory."

No comments: