11.19.2007

Spent...

There are times in youth ministry where you just get completely, 100% spent...I am at one of those times...The last over one and a half years has been non-stop ministry building...There seems to be a never ending list of things that have to get done, relationships that need to be developed, new students that need to be connected, and basic foundation work that needs to be laid...Usually, the summer is the most exhausting part of student ministry, but I feel like I am coming off of four or five consecutive summers...The past two weekends topped it off with back to back Fall Retreats for our Jr. High and High School students...And I am spent...It'a all from good stuff, kingdom stuff, but I'm still spent, none the less...So I took today off and have the rest of the week off...I am trying to rest for the first couple of days so that I can actually enjoy my time with my wife, family, and friends over the Thanksgiving weekend...

I hope that you'll take some time this weekend to really look into your life and see all that you have to be thankful for...We had a really cool meeting last night in our guys small group talking about what we're thankful for and looking at giving thanks in a new way...I hope that this will be more than just another holiday for you, and that you will see and reflect on all the goodness that God has done for you...

No comments: