11.26.2007

Thanksgiving Recap...

After an exhausting few weeks of work, I was able to take off the entire week of Thanksgiving. I just relaxed and rested on Monday and Tuesday...When you're wife says, "I wish you would take some time to rest so we can enjoy spending time with you over the weekend," then you know you've become completely drained. So I began the week with some much needed rest...On Tuesday evening, after Johanna got done with class, we headed to Gorman to see my parents...We actually made a pitstop in Goldthwaite to see some friends and got to Gorman really late Tuesday night...Wednesday we spent visiting with my grandparents and then headed to Brownwood to eat at one of the best places on the planet: Underwood's...It is one of the many, many things I miss about the Central Texas area...Johanna and I decided that should be a new annual pre-Thanksgiving dinner tradition...It was great. Thursday was spent eating Turkey and dressing (way too much!) and spending time with family...Then Friday was devoted to football...Jo and I began the day at Wal-Mart @ 4:45 AM...I am still not sure what we went after, but $120 and a crazy amount of chaos later, we headed back to catch some early morning naps...Then we spent the rest of the day traveling to football games and watching High School playoffs...First we watched my hometown Gorman Panthers lose to Windthorst...Gorman was 11-0 going into the game and was ranked #4 in the state while Windthorst barely made the playoffs...Needless to say the Panthers played terrible and were very dissappointing, losing 14 to 0...That night featured the Goldthwaite Eagles vs. the Albany Lions...A lot of my former students from Goldthwaite are on this team so it was great to go back and watch and rekindle old friendships in the stands during the game...I always love going back to Goldthwaite games and seeing old friends...Goldthwaite was picked to lose by two scores but I'd never count a Goldthwaite team coached by Gary Proffitt out until the scoreboard read 0:00 in the fourth quarter...Goldthwaite came out, highly motivated by being the underdog, and dominated Albany, winning 28 to 15, in a game that was never as close as the final score...Saturday we headed back to Lockhart with another pitstop along the way to see some great friends, Greg and Heather Proffitt...After a few hours visiting at their house, we headed back to Lockhart to get ready for church on Sunday....Yesterday consisted of church and cleaning around the house...We're trying to get the house cleaned up so we can get all our Christmas decorations out and set up...I love the Christmas holidays...I'll be posting some thoughts on Christmas later this week and throughout this month...Stay tuned for something I ran across on the web that can revolutionize your Christmas shopping...Shop and give back to your favorite charity at the same time! Details coming in the next post!...Until then...Hope your Thanksgiving was as full of giving thanks as it was of turkey...

No comments: