2.14.2008

My Partner...

I'm blessed to have tons of great people in my life. I have the best friends in the world. I have a great group of friends in ministry who help challenge me and keep me accountable - even if we live hours from each other. I've got friends and former students who've been in the trenches of life and ministry with me. I know that I can trust them and that they've got my back. I've got a fantastic family that believes in me and has poured themselves into making me who I am. But I've got one person in my life who is my partner.

Webster's dictionary defines a partner as one who shares life with another. Today, on Valentine's Day, I just want to say a public thanks to my partner - my incredible wife Johanna.

You are amazing. Thank you for listening to all my rants and crazy thoughts...Thank you for being a listening ear when I need to vent. Thank you for encouraging me when the world, or those not supposed to be of the world, have beat me down. Thank you for believing in me and my ministry when it seems that all others have fallen by the wayside. Thank you for hearing some of my crazy ideas and just shaking your head affectionately...I've said it before - God has called us to a crazy, insane, incredible ride in following Him. I'd rather share my journey with no one else. I love you babe...

No comments: