3.17.2008

Blogging Silence and Exhaustion...

So it's been awhile since my last blog and there's good reason. That's where the exhaustion comes in. I spent all of last week on a mission trip in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area with a group of students from our ministry. We left Lockhart on Sunday and spent the week serving in various ways at Mission Arlington. If you have never heard of Mission Arlington/Mission Metroplex you can check them out here. It is an incredible ministry in the metroplex area that really is seeking to be Jesus with skin on to the people of Arlington, TX and the greater metroplex area. The people there take seriously what it means to show the love of Christ to the world and it's been a blessing to be a part of their ministry and mission for the last several years. I have been on almost 20 trips to Mission Arlington and I can honestly say that EVERY TIME, I see God move. It's crazy what happens when we just simply obey and go...across the street, across the tracks, across the office or the lunchroom. Too many times as Christians we're really good at going all across the globe with the love of Christ, but we're not too good at going across the street in our neighborhood. That's one thing that Mission Arlington models. It was a fantastic week and our students did GREAT, but I am beat. We got home last week and then spent the weekend helping some friends paint/remodel their house. I spent all day at the office today and then went back over to our friends again for some more painting...I just walked in the door and I am spent! Tomorrow I've got a ton of stuff to do and I'm also taking one of our students to Austin to try out for Nashville Star...It should definitely be an interesting day. I'll be getting back in the blogging groove this week, so check back for more...

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I love you my darling. I had a great week serving our Savior alongside you. Sad day...we will both be in ATown but not together. Get your rest.