5.15.2008

What I'm Reading These Days...

From time to time I try to let people in on the books that I'm reading. To be honest, reading is hard work for me. I have always been the "slow" kid in the class when it comes to reading and I have to be disciplined and work hard to get in the reading that I need...But here are a few books that I just got in that I am about to start reading...I'm sure there will be reviews to come later.

Pop Goes The Church by Tim Stevens - This book is all about using culture to engage, communicate, and reach our world with the love of Christ. It's right up my alley and I can't wait to dig into this one. Tim will also be speaking at Whiteboard next week, which is one of the reasons I am pumped about that conference.

Lord Save Us From Your Followers by Dan Merchant - This is one of those books that I was drawn to by the title. After reading a couple reviews, this should be a good one.

I Became A Christan And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt by Vince Antonucci - The subtitle of this book is "Replacing Souvenir Religion with Authentic Spiritual Passion." Vince is also speaking at Whiteboard, which is another reason why I am stoked about this incredible conference. He and his church plant are literally storming the gates of hell seeking to reach people far from God. I am excited about the passion that I know will be flying off the pages of this book.

So there ya' go. They're fresh in from Amazon and waiting to be cracked open. Who knows...One might even be my companion on my flight to D.C. next week...

1 comment:

Francis H. Woods said...

I have to ask you what you thought about "Lord, Save Us From Your Followers"? I'll check back for your review.