6.15.2008

Happy Father's Day...

Today is Father's Day. When it comes to father's in my life, I hit the lottery. I have a Heavenly Father that loves me unconditionally. He loves me so much he was willing to sacrifice his own son in order to have a relationship with me...even though there are times when I screw up and let him down. I have an earthly father who loves me. It's really easy for me to see God as a heavenly father who loves me unconditionally because that's what was modeled by my earthly father too. I grew up in a home where I was loved, encouraged, challenged, strengthened, and given the chance to develop character for life. I also have an incredible grandfather who has modeled so many life lessons for me and still teaches me things to this day. His strength, character, and approach to life inspire me to be the best I can be. My dad and papa are not only family to me...They're heroes. And I am blessed by God to have them in my life and to have been molded and shaped by these men. To all you dad's out there: Happy Father's Day! You never know the difference you can make in our lives!

No comments: