7.26.2008

Parental Influence...

I make it my job to stay up on all things youth culture and all things statistically related to students because, well, it is my job after all. So when I read this on Tim Steven's blog about the influence parents vs. peers have on teenagers I was intrigued. If you are a parent of a pre-teen or teen you need to click here and read this right now. Tim, a pastor at Granger Community Church, talks about how, as children grow in age, the main influence in their lives crosses from parents to peers. You can even see the graph below which he includes in his blog. But one thing I really like about Tim's approach is that he also gives some great advice for parents on how to continue to be a positive influence on their students' lives. If you're a parent or you work with teenagers, take a few minutes to check it out


No comments: