1.30.2009

That's Quotable...

Today is my brother Justin's birthday. Twenty-nine years ago today God allowed me to win the brother lottery. If there is one person in life that has my back no matter what the situation, no matter how big the fight(besides my wife) it's my brother. I'm honored to call him my brother and proud to call him my best friend. Justin is a first year coach at Magnolia High School in Magnolia, TX near Houston. He is the head freshman coach and the varsity assistant. He is incredibly passionate about basketball. I've honestly never seen anything like it in my life. And he is a phenomenal coach. You'd never be able to guess he's just starting out. One of the little things he's brought to the Magnolia program is a weekly newsletter that informs parents and fans of the past week's activities, upcoming games, and provides motivation for the players. His team is in the second half of district play and in a battle for a playoff spot. This was his quote for the week in the newsletter he sent out on Thursday:


Those that believe it can’t be done… better get out of the way of those that are about to do it.


I like it. I like it a lot. And that quote alone gives you a good glimpse into my brother's outlook on life. Happy Birthday Bro! I hope those who don't believe get out of your way so they don't get hurt when you run over the top of them.

No comments: