6.28.2009

It's Camp Time Again...

Monday morning (tomorrow) I head out with a group of about 20 students to Pre-Teen Camp at Highland Lakes Camp & Conference Center on Lake Travis just outside of Austin. It has been a long, long, LONG time since I've been a sponsor for Pre-Teen Camp. In fact, as soon as I could con someone at Goldthwaite to go for me, I checked that annual duty off to volunteers. (Thanks Speegles!) They were a lot better at it than me anyway. But with a lack of sponsors this week, I'm packing up my bags in the morning and heading back to camp. I'll have the chance to spend some time with some of our younger students who are just now coming into the youth group this summer so that'll be fun. And our group of kids going is a great group. But I'm not looking forward to two things: Missing Johanna & Hayden and the ridiculous HEAT we've been having in Central Texas. But even in the crazy-devil-like Texas summer heat, it ought to be a great week for our kids...and that's what it's all about. So pray that God moves in our group this week and that our kids are shown and reminded of how much God loves them.

1 comment:

Jackie Lura said...

Even though it rained i think that helped with the heat :)