7.15.2009

Thanking Away The Blues...

Last week, through a series of crazy events, we put both our blue Chevy Blazer and our Nissan Sentra in the shop. In the past couple days I've found out the fuel pump is out on the Blazer, which is estimated between $350-$450 to fix, and the Sentra has a blown head gasket, which could end up costing around $1500. Needless to say, we hadn't expected to spend $2,000 on car repairs this week. And anytime I have to spend money fixing one of our cars, it always gets me down. So, in an attempt to fight off the blues, here's a list of things I am thankful for and things I am blessed with. It's a lot harder to be down and out when your giving thanks! Here's what I'm thankful for these days:

  • I'm thankful for my incredible family. I have a loving, supportive wife and the most adorable baby boy on the planet. I'm also surrounded by the best parents, brother, and extended family that a guy could ask for. I am blessed.
  • I'm thankful for the church I get to serve and the team I get to work with. The Connection Church and the TCC team are phenomenal and God allows me to be a part of it all. I am blessed.
  • I'm thankful for the people who support my family financially so that we can serve in a place that is doing whatever it takes to reach those who are far from God. I am blessed.
  • I'm thankful that I have a job in a time when the economy is bad and so many people who want to work can't. I am blessed.
  • I'm thankful that my parents gave us their Trailblazer a few months ago so that we have at least one dependable, running vehicle! I am blessed.
  • I'm thankful for the incredible friends God has placed in mine & Johanna's life. We have great friends who love us and support us. I am blessed.
  • I'm thankful I live in a country where my biggest complaint can be, "I've got two cars in the shop, but I still have one to drive." I am blessed.
  • And if you're reading this, I'm thankful for you...especially if you know of a great deal on a good used car! :)

No comments: