3.15.2011

Big Time Power

I believe in the power of prayer. I have seen it's power in my own life and in the lives of others. The Bible teaches that God hears our prayers and responds to them. I think for a lot of Christians, prayer is an untapped power source. We say we believe in prayer, but no one would be able to tell it by the amount of time we spend actually praying.

Prayer is basically communicating with God. When we pray, we have the unbelievable opportunity to communicate with the author and creator of the entire world. By His very word, he spoke everything we know into existence...and he cares about what is going on in our lives enough that he wants to talk to us about it! That is incredible to me.

As we plant Timber Ridge Church, we want to be people of prayer. We believe that through prayer we can see and experience God move in amazing ways. In fact, we have a goal of having a Prayer Team of 300 people who will pray for Timber Ridge as we start this incredible new church. We have a lot of people that are a part of the team already, but I'd be honored to have YOU as a part of the prayer team as well. You can sign up for our Prayer Team, where you'll receive a monthly prayer update via email, by clicking here.

I believe God works through prayer. I believe that there is power when God's people pray. And I'd love to pray for you! If I can pray for you about something, please leave a comment or email me privately at nic [at] timberridgechurch [dot] com. I would consider it an honor to talk to God on your behalf!

No comments: