At Timber Ridge, we are gearing up for a big Fall Kickoff this Sunday, September 9th. We'll be celebrating our first birthday, celebrating changed lives with baptisms, as well as kicking off a brand new teaching series called Game Changer. So Timber Ridgers, let's get our invite on and fill The House so that people far from God might be filled with life in Christ!
Here are some practical ways to practice The Art of The Invite:
- Invite a friend to coffee at Starbucks and buy their drink. As you talk about life, mention how your family benefits from attending church and use the opportunity to invite them to join you on Sunday.
- Invite your neighbors over to dinner one night during the week. Use this as an opportunity to personally invite them to church or to give them an invite card.
- Take your child's teacher their favorite soft drink when you go to pick your child up from school one day. Give them an invite card and ask them to join you at church when you give them the drink.
- Bring donuts to leave in the breakroom at your work or office and place invite cards with the box of donuts.
- The next time your family goes out to eat, leave a generous tip for your server along with an invite card to the church.
- Bake cookies for your neighbors and invite them to church when you drop the cookies off at their house.
- The next time you're in a drive thru line, pay for the order of the person behind you and give the cashier 2 invite cards. Invite the cashier & let them know that one card is for them. Ask them to give the other card to the car behind you who's meal you just purchased.
- Invite the family/couple/people you sit next to at the football game on Friday nights.
However you do it, in the words of Nike, JUST DO IT. Practice the art of the invite! A simple invitation can lead to someone's life being changed forever by the hope & love of Jesus.