11.20.2006

The Wedding and Thankfulness

My brother's wedding went great. He was nervous all weekend while his fiance seemed to just be loving every minute of it with no nerves at all...I really thought it would be the other way around with the nervousness. But the ceremony and the weekend was great all around. It was a great symbol of how much Justin and Christie love each other and how great they are together. Johanna and I are so happy for them and we love that we're family. Overall a great weekend and I hope to post several pics soon....

At the reception I got to give a speech and a toast, and while I tried to be funny and keep it really light, I did talk about how I won the "brother lottery." I really think I did. Not only are Justin and I brothers, but we are best friends and it truly is an honor to be in his life and have him in mine. Part of my speech/toast went as follows. I got the idea from a song by Kendall Payne. Anyway here is a little of what I said:

May God be with you and bless you.
May your heart break enough that you find the arms of comfort in one another.
May you experience enough trials together that your character is molded and shaped into what God wants it to be.
May enough struggles come your way that you truly appreciate the peace and security that you have in one another.
May enough of your plans together for the future fail that you learn to walk daily fully trusting God.
And when happiness seems beyond your grasp, may you find true joy in being together.

On another note, I am going to try to post something each day that I'm thankful for this week....Talk to ya' soon.

No comments: