12.18.2006

The Weekend Update...

Another busy weekend in our lives has come and gone. It was another weekend wedding that occupied our time these past few days. My wife's sister got married in Temple, TX this weekend. The rehearsal was Friday afternoon and the wedding was Saturday afternoon/evening. It was a nice wedding and Clay and Jackie really had a beautiful day. Seeing Johanna walk down the aisle as the matron of honor made me remember seeing her walk down the aisle as my bride and how beautiful and incredible she looked on our wedding day. Pictures and videos don't do the memories justice so many times and although they say that your wedding day is so emotional/hectic/crazy that most people don't even remember the ceremony or the day, I don't think I will ever forget seeing her walk through those back church doors and down that aisle. I am so blessed to be able to share my life with such an amazing woman....
While we were in Temple, I awoke to a "bad news" phone call on Saturday morning. One of my former students called me and said that his older brother (also a former student) was involved in a terrible car accident on Saturday morning and was being care flighted to Scott & White in Temple. I just "happened" to be there (there are no accidents with God, right?) so I went and waited with their parents while they awaited the care flight because the parents drove down from Dallas where they were on a business trip and beat the care flight to the hospital. I had to leave to go to the wedding, but Johanna and I got to see Cade after the wedding. He is still in ICU and is paralyzed from the waste down. Please pray for him and his family. His spirit is incredibly good and his attitude positive, but there is much that lies ahead for this young man. If you are a praying person, please keep him in your prayers. I was griping about being in Temple on Friday because I have so many "not so good" memories of that town because of the hospital and it seems like God just taught me this weekend that he has it all in control, even to the point where weddings happen in the exact town that he wants them to. How else does a girl from Kingsland and a guy from Milano who both live in Corpus Christi end up getting married at Taylor's Valley Church outside of Temple, TX so that I would just "happen" to be in that place in order to minister to a family and give them love and support? God is crazy like that.
Church was Sunday and we had a few college students over at the house last night until about 1:00...It was great fun and I'm looking forward to the time we get to spend with them over the Christmas break. Hope that in the hustle and bustle of your weekend, you had a chance to see God's love for you. Until next time...

No comments: