12.21.2006

Good Times, Great Friends...

The last couple days have been great. Andy, Jaron, and Curry (all former students of mine) came to stay a couple days with us and just hang out starting on Tuesday. Kenny and Daniel (also former students of mine) also came down yesterday. We have had a blast. The past couple days (and late nights...till 4 AM) have consisted of lots of eating, playing poker, and an extremely unhealthy amount of NCAA 07 on the XBOX. It has been so awesome to have these guys here with us. They are some of my former youth group students, but they are also some of my closest friends in this world. I am heading back to the house at lunch (to wake them up) and then we are gonna' go grab one last plate of BBQ and they are headed home...The only bad thing about times like these is that they fly by and never last long enough...But it makes me thankful for the relationships and friendships that I have with these guys. I miss them. And this was fun. Way more than words could ever describe. It just does my heart and soul good to be around these guys...On another note, our Christmas travels begin tommorrow. Just in case I don't get a chance to post again before then, MERRY CHRISTMAS. I hope you and yours have a blessed holiday season and that you get the chance to spend it with family and friends that are as great as mine.

No comments: