4.03.2007

Mike Yaconelli...

In honor of my friend Brett, who posted a comment about a Mike Yaconelli quote I am going to post a few quotes from Yac from time to time. If you don't know who he is, Mike Yaconelli was pretty much the father of modern youth ministry. I cannot begin to describe who he was in such a short time or what his impact on the church and youth ministry was. I will just put it this way: He died just a couple years ago and when I heard the news I wept. And to be honest, that doesn't happen very often. There was probably never a greater champion and supported of youth workers and youth ministry tha Yac...So, thanks Brett for the link to some of his greatest quotes...Here is one I really like:

When people look at the Church and see only impostors, they conclude that Jesus is an impostor. But when they see followers of Jesus who are real, they see a Jesus who is real. - Mike Yaconelli

No comments: