10.22.2007

The Weekend Update...

I am exhausted. I literally am having to force myself to stay awake at my computer today...This past weekend was incredbily tiring. My grandfather had surgery to remove an area in his leg where they recently removed a cancerous tumor. He had a spot on his knee and after removing the tumor, the doctor decided to do a thigh and knee replacement to remove any bone area that the tumor might have infected with the cancer...So I left the LOC after our mid-week youth service on Wednesday night and made the 4 hour trek to the DFW area...Lucky for me, my brother drove about 120 miles out of his way from Houston to pick me up so I could ride with him...We got to DFW about 1:30 AM on Thursday morning, slept for a few hours, and then were up at 6 AM for the surgery...The next few days I spent staying the nights in the hotel with my grandfather...I had the late night shift, staying at the hospital from 7:00 PM to 4:00 AM...The doctor wanted someone from the family to stay with him becuase he would get more attention that way...So Johanna and I would drive to the hotel at 4 AM when my parents relieved us each morning and sleep for a few hours...Then we'd get up, grab some lunch, and go back to the hospital...Needless to say, I know why I am so tired...We got in around 4 am this morning and I was at the office at 8:30...Not sure if I'll make the whole day...

That about sums up the weekend, but on another note, I love my wife. She is incredible...Not only does she put up with my messiness and constant teasing and jokes, and not only does she serve alongside me in a position, as a minister's wive, that has little reward and lots of gripes, but she is a champ in situations like this weekend...She headed up to DFW on Thursday as soon as she finished up her classes and spent each night with me in the hospital so I didn't have to stay up there alone...What a trooper! I love you babe, and am so thankful that God blessed me with you...

Now, if I can just stay awake for a little longer...

No comments: