Here's another "Best of 2007" List...My opinion on the Top Ten quotes of the year, some funny, some sad, some tought provoking, including a few honorable mentions:
10. I need to get a greater vocabulary than what I have and when I get mad and my brain searches for a word. I have to find different words and to do that you need to have more of an education.
- Duane Dog Chapman, on Hannity & Colmes, publicly apologizing for making a racial slur
9. This record is not tainted at all. At all. Period.
— San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds, after breaking Hank Aaron's Major League Baseball all-time home-run record with his 756th career homer amid rumors that he has used steroids. Yeah, Barry, we believe you. Oh, and we've got one word for you: Indictment.
8. I really am not the kind of guy that sits here and says, 'Oh gosh, I'm worried about my legacy.
— President GEORGE W. BUSH, when asked about his falling approval numbers and criticism of how he has handled the war in Iraq.
7. There is just a feeling out there that isn't that positive and it makes me very sad because the American people are very generous, open people and very caring when they are presented with a real issue and they understand what needs to be done.
- Angelina Jolie
6. This is it. This is where it all ends. End of the road. What a life it was. Some life.
— Virginia Tech gunman CHO SEUNG-HUI, in a video he sent to NBC News before killing 32 people and committing suicide in the deadliest school shooting in U.S. history.
5. As always, I rely on the jury system.
- O.J. Simpson, after a judge refused to drop his latest charges of kidnapping and robbery.
4. In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, at Columbia University
3. That's some nappy-headed hos there.
- Eadio host Don Imus, who lost his job for this remark about the Rutgers women's basketball team.
2. I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as, uh, South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.
- Miss Teen USA contestant Lauren Upton of South Carolina gave this tortured, confused answer to the question "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a map. Why do you think this is?" This one was so bad and so hilarious that you have to watch it to appreciate it. Check it out here:
1. Don't tase me bro!
University of Florida student Andrew Meyer's plea went unanswered. Meyer put into words what hundreds have thought after realizing that the police have just pulled out their taser and are aiming it at them...Maybe next time he should use some manners, like "Please don't tase me Mr. Officer." Maybe that would help...and maybe not.
HONORABLE MENTION QUOTES:
I make Jessica Simpson look like a rocket scientist. – Tara Reid
(I have) a wide stance. --Sen. Larry Craig, explaining to his arresting officer why he was playing footsie in a Minneapolis airport mens' room.
My idea of getting lucky in the men's room is when the motion sensor works on the faucet. - David Letterman
How many 83-year-old men get up every morning knowing that they're going to have a standing ovation sometime during the day? —Bob Barker on what he'll miss about The Price Is Right
He is the one who has saved us. He is the one who forgave us. He is the one who has come and is coming again. He’s the remedy - David Crowder in the song Remedy