4.08.2008

The Weekend (and week long) Update...

So it's been a week since my last blog. Last week and weekend were super busy. Just to catch you up to speed I'll hit the highlights.

  • I preached last Sunday morning. I absolutely love to teach the Word so it's always a blast. But it means a lot more work so I had a really busy week.
  • I got to baptize 5 students on Sunday! It was great. Over the last 6 weeks or so we've seen over 15 students come to Christ in our Student Ministry...It is AWESOME (in every sense of the word) to watch God work!
  • Spent the weekend painting. Myself and a couple guys in our student ministry are painting a house for a couple in our church. I paint every know and then as a sort of side job, so making some extra money never hurts.
  • Speaking of extra money, all of it, plus some more will go to my uncle next week...Uncle Sam that is...UGH!
  • Johanna spent the weekend at a Mother/Daughter retreat with her mom, sisters, and nieces. From what I've heard she had a great time.
  • Johanna came back in time to sing at church on Sunday. Her, Meredith, and Michael sang a great acoustic version of Barlow Girl's I Want You To Love Me.
  • I've had forgiveness on the mind - We are talking about that in our series The Rock Cries Out tomorrow at our midweek student gathering. Our band is covering the song Sorry by Buckcherry...That will be cool.
  • Is there someone in your life that you need to forgive? Or maybe some bitterness you need to let go of because someone has wronged you? Don't let bitterness build a barrier between you and God!
  • Watched Hell's Kitchen earlier...I think I would have a blast hanging with Gordon Ramsay for a day!
  • I'm out!

No comments: