Mark Dever - Pastor of Capital Hill Baptist Church in Washington D.C. and President of 9Marks Ministry:
- The church will win. There is no question about it.
- Our churches should be places where it is normal to love God and be growing spiritually. Everything else should be diverse.
- Church is not an event to be produced, but a community to be cultivated.
- We need to hold every member accountable to live like Jesus so his message is reflected.
- When we read Hebrews 13:17 our souls should be fed and terrified at the same time.
John Burke - Pastor of Gateway Community Church in Austin, TX:
- What got Jesus crucified was good, religious people addcited to self.
- Too many times we labor to sell a spiritual product that we are not drinking deeply from ourselves.
- The way we love God is by responding in obedience.
Ed Stetzer - Church Planter and Director of Lifeway Research
- For most of us, ministry will not look like what we see at a conference. Conferences are like ministry pornography - something we will never have.
- Don't be afraid to say to God, "I don't get it."
- Too many times we teach a gospel that doesn't last through the first tragedy that comes people's way.
- Saying "I don't know" is not a sign of spiritual immaturity, but rather a sign of maturity.
I've still got two speakers to blog about from Whiteboard - Perry Noble and Vince Antonucci. These two were my favorite sessions, so they are definitely coming...It just may be toward the end of the week.