5.24.2008

Gratitude...

One of the things that I've noticed lately is that most of us are just not very grateful for things. Sometimes we just aren't very good at saying thank you. This past week and weekend has found me with gratitude on my mind several times. And just from this week I have tons to be thankful for.
  • I got to spend a few days in a couple conferences where men of God poured into me. I am grateful to the people who put these events together, to those who helped lead, and for the opportunity to be a part of it all.
  • Memorial day and being in DC has got me reflecting on my gratitude for our men and women, both past and present, who serve our country in our Armed Forces. They are the REAL heroes in our midst. THANK YOU!
  • I am blessed with great friends, family, and ministry partners. Each day I am reminded of this. In fact, these past few days would not have even been possible without the great generosity of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. They have graciously opened their home to Jo and I and have been incredible to us. Thank you Jerry and Ingrid!

Let me ask you this: What do you have to be thankful for? Who do you need to show your gratitude to? When you and I begin to reflect on what we have to be thankful for it shows us how incredibly blessed we are. Give it some thought...And while you're at it, send that card or email to say thanks to those who you're grateful for.

No comments: