We're here! And the Pelican has free wifi so here's a recap of day one - bulletin style:
- We had planned to leave the church at 11:00 AM. Everyone was loaded up BEFORE 10:40 and we finally pulled out about 5 minutes early. That NEVER happens in student ministry so it shows everyone was ready to hit the beach.
- Just in case you're wondering there is absolutely nowhere to stop and eat for a group of 50+ people in between Lockhart and Port Aransas if you take Hwy 80 and Hwy 181. We didn't stop for lunch until after 1:30 and our choices were Sonic, the world's slowest and crappiest Whataburger, and HEB...Yes, HEB the grocery store - without a deli.
- Got to Port A around 3:30, unloaded and checked in to the Pelican, and hit the ground running. We had orientation, divided our students into their Tribes (small groups) for the week, ate supper, and had a worship service and small group time already
- Got to spend some time chattin' with some of my students on the trip down. I LOVE to see how God is at work in our students and in this ministry!
- I miss my wife terribly! I absolutely LOVE doing ministry together with her. And it totally sucks that she can't be here this week. Please pray for us - we've got some heavy things on our plate right now.
- Looking forward to seeing God work in the lives of our students this week. But for now, I need some sleep!