6.02.2008

Wanna' Buy A Cookbook?...

One of the things that you can rest assured of in a growing student ministry is that you will NEVER have enough money in the budget to accomplish what needs to be done. I've been in student ministry for 12 years now and my budget growth has never kept up with my ministry growth. So from time to time we have to find ways to raise money to allow crucial ministry to occur. Let me just clarify this: I HATE fund-raisers. But, like I said, we just have to do them from time to time.

Now is one of those times. We have put together our own cookbook. We are doing the ENTIRE thing in house - from the recipes, to the printing, to the selling. Our youth workers and students are doing it all. And all the proceeds from these cookbooks help our students attend summer youth camps, go on mission trips where they serve others, and help us to reach those far from God with the life-altering love of Jesus.

So if you have an extra $15 bucks laying around and are just dying for a new recipe for that next big dinner you'll put on, hit me up and we'll send one your way. And I know some of you never put on big dinners...but you know someone who does. What a great suprise!

At the end of the day, the main thing is that your $15 bucks helps students get a better understanding of who Jesus is and who he wants them to be...And that is a deal you can't pass up!

No comments: