7.14.2008

Happy Birthday Babe!...

Today (Monday, July 14th) my incredible wife celebrates her 25th year on planet earth. We have spent the last several days celebrating her birthday. We started a tradition in our first year of marriage where instead of just a "birthday" she had a birthday week. It's a long story, but I was away on a mission trip so I left her a gift each day of the week. It's a tradition that stuck and I love doing it because it brings a smile to Johanna's face.

For the past few days leading up to today I've given Jo small gifts for her birthday. Today I suprised her with an Ipod Nano, some flowers and balloons, and we spent the evening in Austin and had dinner at Chuy's. It was a great day spent with the most amazing woman on the planet.

I absolutely love to celebrate Johanna's birthday. It's not only a celebration for her, but for me as well. It's a celebration of the day that God brought into the world my partner for life, my best friend, and my wife. It marks the day of God's incredible gift to me. If that's not reason to celebrate I don't know what is. Happy Birthday Babe! I love you!

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Thank you for everything babe...it was the best birthday and I love being your partner, and wife. You have made all my dreams come true. I love you.