11.18.2008

The Start of Something Big...

Tonight marked the official start of something big - my brother's basketball coaching career. My brother has had several jobs in life. And he's done really well at the vast majority of them. In fact, he could sell a ketchup popsicle to woman in a white Versace dress on a hot summer day. He's that good. But he was meant to coach. A love for the game of basketball runs through his veins like something I've rarely seen. It's his passion. It's his obsession. And now passing that love and passion for the game on is what he does for a living. His first official game was tonight as a coach for Magnolia High School. He's the freshman A-team coach and the assistant coach to the varsity. His team won 54 to 16. I'd say he's off to a good start. Congrats bro! I know it's just the start of something big.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear Roy Williams was impressed. And a little nervous about keeping his own job.

Anonymous said...

That's great Nic. I have a little brother that is born to coach. He is running from that now, but it's up to us to keep encouraging our family.
BTW, GO HEELS!!

Anonymous said...

awesome. let's go to a game if they are close...

Anonymous said...

Any reason you picked a picture of you and a junior high kid to go with a post about your brother?