1.07.2009

The Best Christmas Gift Ever...

I know that Christmas has come and gone. By now even New Year’s is old news. But as I looked over my blog postings for the past couple weeks I noticed something.

Somehow I forgot to share about the most incredible Christmas gift I received this year. It was probably due to the fact that it “happened” while we were visiting my parents and since my mom doesn’t have her high speed, wifi network set up yet, her internet options are a little slow and blogging just didn’t happen while we were there.

Anyway, I realized that I had only shared this in Twitter-land, with those who follow me on Twitter so I thought I should share it here too.

On Christmas day we were sitting around my Papa’s place waiting to eat lunch and Johanna felt our son kicking and moving around. That’s nothing new for her. She’s been able to feel the baby moving for over a month. But not so for me. Every time I’ve tried to feel a kick or a move, he’s stopped. It’s like he’s playing Quiet Water, Still Water anytime my hand gets near Jo’s stomach. But not on Christmas day! I put my hand on her stomach and our son gave the strongest kick he’s ever given. It was AMAZING. Actually, it was way beyond amazing, but I don’t think there is a word for that. Hands down, it was the most incredible Christmas gift ever.

1 comment:

randman said...

Nic,
Your son will change your life. There will be some frustration and maybe a time you will want to kill them. But, you will experience somewhat God's love. You will love him more than you think you could love another human. It will be different from your love for Jo. That is how God loves us.