- Recognize loss when it occurs. Admit it. Don't hide it.
- Move to correct mistakes as quickly as possible.
- Meet with everyone on the team involved in making the mistake. Ask this question: How can we learn from this?
- Give everyone involved tasks to do to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again. Don't just talk about it - Implement these things.
- Forgive yourself and others involved. It's over. It's in the past.
- After you've learned everything possible from the loss or failure, vow never to think about it again. Move on and take more risks.
What do you think? How do you handle loss or deal with failure? At work? In ministry? At home?