4.03.2009

Just Checking In...

It's been a while since I've posted and especially since I've posted with any regularity. I guess I'm in a blogger-funk right now...but hopefully I'm on the way out. Just wanted to post a quick update on life while I'm sitting in the office waiting for all of our Impact leaders to show up. Here's what's going on in our world:
  • This weekend in our Impact Weekend for our students at The Connection Church. Impact is sort of like a Disciple Now and our students will spend the weekend growing in their faith and their friendships. We're pumped about the opportunity for live change this weekend as student come face to face with the love of Jesus.
  • Next weekend is another crazy-busy weekend at TCC. We have our Good Friday Service on Friday, the Big Hunt on Saturday, and our Easter Services on Sunday. By the way, if you live in the Kyle/Buda area, you don't want to miss out on any of it, so come check it out!
  • During the midst of all of the craziness that has been our lives lately, Johanna and I are trying to do everything we can to get ready for Hayden's arrival. We are pumped. We are excited. We are overjoyed. And we are a little nervous too, to be honest. And to say there aren't enough hours in our days to get everything ready would be the understatement of the year.
  • For the last month, we have had some kind of event or something every night on Sunday through Wednesday. Dang.
  • I'm also in the midst of planning the 5th annual Beach Bash Youth Camp at Port Aransas, TX. I am super excited about the churches we have lined up to participate this year and I think this will be the best Beach Bash yet. Our tagline for Beach Bash is, "The most incredible week of your summer." It takes a lot of work to make that happen!
  • Did I say I am pumped that my son Hayden Russell Burleson is about to be born? April 20th!
  • We had two showers - one in my hometown of Gorman and one is Kyle - and Johanna and I were BLOWN AWAY by the generosity, kindness, and goodness of our family and friends. We're loaded down with so much baby stuff...I don't even know what half of it does or is for!
  • We got lots of diapers at the baby shower...hoping Johanna gets to use those more than me!
  • If the due date was guessed correctly, my son will be born two weeks from Monday. WOW.
  • Our leaders should be arriving shortly for our orientation for the weekend...they're all already late, but I guess that's all for now.

No comments: