11.11.2009

20 Things I'm Thankful For - Day 3...

Each day leading up to Thanksgiving weekend I'm choosing to be grateful. I'm sharing one thing each day that I'm thankful for.

Today the choice is simple. Today, I'm thankful for our veterans. The character, strength, integrity, and dedication of our servicemen and women, both past and present, simply amazes me. I grew up with a great respect and awe of those who served in the military. My Papa, who passed away earlier this year, was my hero. He was a career military man, serving in multiple wars and being stationed all over the US and abroad. (You can read about my Papa in this post from last year's Veteran's day by clicking here.) So from an early age I understood the sacrifice and dedication our military personnel show in serving our country.

To all of you who have, and are currently, faithfully and bravely serving our country, preserving our freedom and ensuring me and my family the privileges of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, I say THANK YOU. You truly know that freedom is not free. And I am grateful that you were willing to pay the price for my freedom. Happy Veteran's Day.

No comments: