9.17.2012

Why I Need A LifeGroup

This week in homes all across Stephenville and Erath County we will be kicking off our LifeGroups here at Timber Ridge Church!  I just have to admit this: I love my LifeGroup. I absolutely love the people in my LifeGroup. And I need them in my life. In fact, I think we all need a group of people we can do life with. And here are some reasons I believe this:

  • I need real friendship. Never in human history have we had this great of an opportunity for connection. With social media, the internet, and so many other forms of technology that help people connect, the opportunity for connection is everywhere. But in spite of that opportunity, many of us feel as lonely as we've ever felt. Sure we may have a couple hundred "friends" on Facebook, but when we evaluate our real friends in life, we feel isolated and alone. That's where my LifeGroup comes in. Through a group, I have the opportunity to connect in real ways with people who can walk beside me in life.
  • I need support. Each day I wake up and want to be more like Jesus than the day before. But there are days where that goal just isn't reached. There are days when I struggle and when I stumble and need someone there to help me along. That's where my LifeGroup comes in. I have a group of people to do life with who are real and authentic and allow me to be real and authentic (the messiness of life and all!) and have my back when I need it most.
  • I need accountability. I'll gladly be the first to admit that there are days when following Jesus is flat out HARD. There are times when being obedient to God is difficult. Those times are often the most important times to follow Him closely as well. That's where my LifeGroup comes in. Because I'm in a group, I have people who are there to help me and challenge me in my walk with God. They'll pick me up when I stumble, but they'll also challenge me and push me forward when I need that accountability too.
I could easily list 50 other reasons I need and love my LifeGroup. I can't imagine doing life without them!  If you're not in a small group, I encourage you to take that step and get plugged in. And if you attend Timber Ridge Church, there is no better time to get connected than right now.  We really are better together. Find out for yourself and go HERE to register for a LifeGroup! I guarantee you'll be glad you did.

No comments: