2.16.2015

Meet The Team Monday

I've started a new blog post series that runs every Monday and introduces a new team member that serves at Timber Ridge in a leadership role. 

This week's Meet The Team Monday participant is Tyler Gilbert. Tyler is a Senior at Tarleton State University and currently serves in our intern program, specifically with our kids and students ministries. Tyler has been serving and volunteering at Timber Ridge since just a few months after the church launched in the fall of 2011. Here are some interesting facts about Tyler.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
The one meal in Texas that would be worth fighting over… beef fajitas. 

What is your favorite restaurant in Stephenville?
My favorite restaurant in Stephenville would have to be Don Nico’s. 

What is your favorite Bible Verse? My favorite bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, “Declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” This verse is my favorite, because it reminds me that God always has a plan for me no matter the circumstance I am going through in my life.

Describe what you do at Timber Ridge in your own words: I am a ministry intern.  That means you can find me doing all kinds of jobs. Although my area of emphasis where God has blessed me with a gift to serve is in Timber Ridge Kids. On a Sunday morning typically during the 10 o clock service you will find me in Kids Ridge, then during the 1130 service you will see me greeting and ushering. Then on a Sunday night you will find me with the youth leading a small group.

What's your favorite hobby?
My favorite hobby is watching football. I love to watch any level of football and any team. I love the game and what it teaches young men about life. In case you didn’t know my favorite college football team is none other than the Oklahoma Sooners! My favorite pro team is the Dallas Cowboys!

What's something you learned in the past year?
Something I have learned in the past year, that it is ok to fail as long as you learn from that failure and don’t let it happen again. Basically it is being teachable being able to learn from those who have been in a similar circumstance before you. 

What has God been teaching you recently?
How to have better self control. Over the past few months, God has helped me kick some terrible habits that I have had since I was in high school.

If you were stranded on a deserted island & could only have 3 things, what 3 things would you want?
An airplane, fuel and a GPS system. If I have these things then I won’t be stranded anymore. 

Nothing would make me happier than spending a day...... 
Hanging out with my family. I know I am only 22, but my family has lots of lost time due to my dad’s deployments that I wish we could make up. I do not blame him however, because he joined the military to ensure his family was provided for. It was a hard time, but I think it has made my family stronger through it. 

Want to connect with Tyler on social media? Click here to see his Facebook page.

No comments: