2.23.2015

Meet The Team Monday

I've started a new blog post series that runs every Monday and introduces a new team member that serves at Timber Ridge in a leadership role. 


This week's Meet The Team Monday participant is Sara Sanderson. Sara is a Tarleton Student and currently serves in our intern program. While she serves in various areas, her focus in on our college ministry. Sara has been on the Timber Ridge team since August of 2014. Here's a part of Sara's story.


If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
French fries...or ice cream...definitely ice cream!

Describe what you do at Timber Ridge in your own words:
At Timber Ridge I am a College Ministry Intern. I get to work with awesome people on a daily basis and learn the ins and outs of how a church is run. For the college ministry side of things, I help to organize, plan and coordinate events to reach out to the students at TSU and Ranger College. I also serve on the worship team and lead a college LifeGroup.

What do you like best about your role at Timber Ridge?
I love that I get to work with such an amazing group of people and have an opportunity to have a big reach on campus.

What do you do for fun?
I love spending time hanging out with my friends, going to rodeos and taking pictures.

What's something you learned in the past year?
In the past year I have learned the value of good friends and the importance of asking for help when you need it.

What has God been teaching you recently?
God has been teaching me to love and look at everyone as He does. He has taught me the importance of the relationships He brings into our lives and to know that each relationship has a reason, a season and a purpose.

Tell us about when you committed your life to Jesus?
I grew up going to church but did not know what it meant to have a relationship with God until my junior year in high school. My friend, now my soon-to-be sister-in-law, took me to a church that is nontraditional and opened my eyes to a whole new world of “church.” At Christ Community Church I learned what it meant to have a relationship with God and how to begin that relationship. After attending the church sporadically for a few months I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I was baptized last April at Timber Ridge and my life has been radically changed! God has definitely moved mountains in my life.

If you were stranded on a deserted island & could only have 3 things, what 3 things would you want?
Three things… Toothpaste/toothbrush (who wants nasty teeth!), iPod (I can’t go long without my music!), food (I wouldn’t last long without it!).

If you could have one talent or ability that you don't possess what would it be and why?
I would love to be able to draw. I love art and painting and all that creative stuff but I am just not the best with it.

Nothing would make me happier than spending a day......
Hiking with no one other than God.

You can find out more about Sara & connect via social media by clicking here.

No comments: