7.07.2008

The Weekend Update...

Johanna and I spent the end of last week and part of the weekend with my family at Stephenville. My grandfather has been having some health problems, so we decided to go down and see if we could do anything to help and to spend some time with him. It was great to get to just hang out with family and be home for a while. Here are some of the highlights of the weekend:
  • Got to spend time with my Papa, my parents, my brother and my sister-in-law. I love it when we can all get together.
  • My brother, dad, and myself all joined some cousins and old high school friends for a round of golf at Par Country Club on the morning of the fourth. The course was PACKED, so we decided to play a little two-man team scramble, which my brother and I dominated of course...mostly thanks to him!
  • Johanna, Justin, Christie, and I spent the evening of the fourth eating Italian food, watching Hancock, and then watching the fireworks from the Stephenville Family Fun Fair with my parents. My Papa's house is literally half a block from the City Park where the firework show is, so we had some PRIME seats!
  • Justin and Christie decided to come to Lockhart with us on Saturday evening. We all went out and ate some tasty seafood at Clear Springs Saturday night and then spent Sunday afternoon shopping at the outlet malls. I hate going to the outlet malls on the weekend, but it was great to get to hang out with my bro, and as a bonus I got some $9 flip flops!

That about sums it up. Like I said, it was great to spend time at home with the fam. This week is gonna' be super busy. We started our annual Mission LTX today. There'll be more about that later, but now I'm gonna' grab some supper after a long day of work...

No comments: