11.25.2008

Things I'm Thankful For (Post 2)...

This week this blog is all about giving gratitude. Each day I'm posting something that I'm thankful for. You can read part one of Things I'm Thankful For by clicking here.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about what I'm thankful for in order to share those things this week. I've given it a lot of thought and time. But today, it's a no-brainer. It was easy to decide what to share today.

This morning Johanna and I got up early and headed into Austin for a sonogram. Jo's almost 20 weeks pregnant so today we found out the sex of our baby...and IT'S A BOY!

So today, I'm thankful for the gift of life that God has allowed Johanna and I to be a part of. I am STOKED that we're having a boy. But I would have been just as thankful for a girl. My prayer all along has been this: God grant us a healthy mom and a healthy baby. I ask God for that multiple times per day. And I pray other prayers for my son too. I'll be sharing those in the weeks and months ahead.

But today it's easy to know what I'm thankful for. It's simple. I'm thankful God has blessed us with a baby boy on the way. And even though my gratitude for God's gift is bursting out of my chest today, I still get a little sick sometime when it really hits me that I'm going to be a dad! Wow.

2 comments:

Pastor Ralph said...

Hey man congrats on your boy! That's awesome! I'm praying for you. You still up for some lunch?

Anonymous said...

I don't even like you... you better not use Tre or I'll be kicking some nicburlesonbutt