2.23.2009

C3 "Three Thoughts" - Jentzen Franklin...

I had the incredible opportunity to attend the C3 Creative Church Conference the latter part of last week at Fellowship Church in Grapevine. I got tons out of the two and a half days we were there and am still chewing on much of what was shared. Someone at the conference accurately described the conference as drinking out of a fire hydrant. That's definitely how I felt. If you follow me on Twitter, you've already seen tons of highlights from the conference. But I thought I'd do a series this week here on the blog called "C3 Three Thoughts" where I'd share just three main thoughts from each session that have challenged and stretched me. Each day this week I'll post a blog with three thoughts from the various speakers at C3. The first session began with Jentzen Franklin, so here's his Three Thoughts:
  1. Mercy is when God looks down from the grandstand of heaven and yells, "Give 'em another chance! Give 'em another chance!"
  2. You want the blessings of God? Be merciful. Show mercy to people. Take the limits off of God's mercy. God's mercy is greater than our failure.
  3. You're never closer to God than when you are showing someone mercy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the "three" take aways format....it was great hooking up with you guys up there...