3.16.2009

The Weekend Update...

This past weekend can be summed up in one word: Basketball. I spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of this past weekend at the Texas U.I.L. Boys Basketball State Tournament. Me, my dad, and 2 of our cousins all had seats together for the entire weekend. My brother and some other cousins who are coaches also spent the weekend there. We had a blast together. It was great to see my old high school basketball coach, some old friends, and to get to hang out with my family doing what we love to do - watch basketball. Over those three days we spent over 35 hours in the gym of the Frank Erwin Center at the University of Texas watching 18 semi-final and final games of the state championship tournament. I'm not sure exactly what all the details of heaven will include, but this past weekend was at least a minor taste of "heaven on earth." Good basketball. Great people. Good times.

No comments: