11.18.2009

20 Things I'm Thankful For - Day 10...

This month I'm doing my best to choose to be grateful. Each day leading up to Thanksgiving weekend, I'm expressing thanks for someone or something in my life.

Today, I'm thankful for my electric bill. I know that may sound odd or strange, but I really am. The fact that I get an electric bill in the mail each month means several things. It means on cold mornings, like today, I have electricity to heat my home. It means I have light to turn on when it's dark. I have power to run a refrigerator to store the food I'm able to purchase. When I get a bill in the mail, it also means that I've had the money to pay my bills so far and my electricity hasn't been shut off!

There are millions of people in the world who would love to have the blessing of electricity and the resources and means to pay an electricity bill. The fact that I get a bill each month means I'm blessed. And I'm thankful today for that blessing.

No comments: