11.25.2009

20 Things I'm Thankful For - Day 17

For the last several days, I'm making the daily choice to be thankful. Leading up through this Thanksgiving Weekend I am blogging about 20 different things I'm thankful for.

Today, I'm grateful for Youth Pastors. I've spent my entire adult life working with students as a Student Pastor. It's what I've dedicated my life to up to this point. My best friends: Youth Pastors. Most of my college buddies: Youth Pastors. The people I love doing life with: Youth Pastors. I can spot a Youth Pastor from 100 yards away. I don't know if it's because we have a certain look about us (the goatee, cap, and faded jeans) or that there really is something deep inside of us that just recognizes the heart of a student minister in each other. But I do know this: Good, hard-working, Jesus-loving Youth Pastors represent what's best about Jesus and what's best about our world.

There is so much I love about youth pastors. They believe that teenagers can not only do something of value, but they can change the world. They believe that God doesn't make junk. They believe that students are worthy of unconditional love. They believe the church is still a place where you can have fun. They're some of the most creative people I know. They believe following Jesus shouldn't be boring and should be full of life and risk. I love youth pastors. And I am so very thankful for the men and women who have dedicated their lives and callings to serving students and allowing students to know that they are loved by God.

If you're a youth pastor, THANK YOU. I want you to know that what you do is not only important, but it is one of the MOST significant jobs on this planet. I believe in you...and more importantly, God believes in you - and in your ministry.

No comments: